Rancho Cucamonga Divorce Attorney
Practice Areas
Family Law
Child Custody
Child Support
Elder Law
Estate Planning
Property Division
Spousal Support
Visitation Rights
Divorce FAQ
Email Us Printer-Friendly Version
Click here to view our articles
8577 Haven Avenue, Suite 300 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Rancho Cucamonga Divorce Lawyer About Us Attorney Profiles Case Results Outreach Projects Contact Cho, Sheasby, Chung & Ignacio, LLP
Free Consultation
Click to instantly connect to the firm Click here to receive a free case evaluation Watch our Videos

Family Law Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga, California

Understanding the Modifications of Court Orders

Once a divorce is finalized, most people believe that it is in ink and can never be changed. It, however, is important to recognize that this is not necessarily the truth. While a finalized deal, it does not necessarily mean that the court orders are untouchable. In fact, by working with an experienced Rancho Cucamonga divorce lawyer, you will be able to re-visit the court orders and seek to gain a modification. Courts recognize that life changes and sometimes the agreements that are struck after a divorce need to as well to keep up.

For example, if circumstances are different, the custody, child support and spousal support agreements may no longer make sense. One parent may have received a new job in a different state and need to move - requiring an update to the visitation plan. One of the parties may have received a significant raise which could result in the ability to pay more alimony and provide for a better quality of life - or, on the flip side, one of the parties could have lost their job and could no longer be financial able to make the monthly payments.

Get the Involvement of a Rancho Cucamonga Family Lawyer

Regardless of the circumstances that changed, if your life no longer suits the agreements that were previously decided, then you should not be forced to just deal with them. We at Cho, Sheasby, Chung & Ignacio know the fluid nature of life and we are comfortable stepping into help draft a modification agreement. While you could just come to a verbal agreement with your ex-spouse, this won't hold up in the court of law should it become contested later on down the road. If you are looking to make a change, it is in your best interests to get it in writing, make it legally binding and get it court approved. We can help.

We know the importance of making modifications to court orders - contact Cho, Sheasby, Chung & Ignacio for help in modifying your custody, child support or alimony agreements.

Tell us about your case: