Rancho Cucamonga Spousal Support Lawyer
How is alimony determined in Rancho Cucamonga, CA?
Spousal support is awarded to a party in a divorce who is of lesser earning capacity or potential. In many cases, it is a way for the receiving party to maintain the standard of living that was maintained during the marriage. In a lot of situations, courts have seen divorces in which one party stayed at home to run the household and take care of the children while the other maintained a job and was a steady "breadwinner." Traditionally, this was a scenario of a stay-at-home mom, but this is not always the case and more and more, there are instances involving a stay-at-home dad.
Regardless, situations such as the one described above have resulted in one party being able to maintain the standard of living while the other one is left financially struggling with little options to turn the circumstances around. It is for this reason that courts award alimony. In the state of California, per §4320, family law courts are required to consider all of the different factors when determining spousal support:
- Ability of each part to maintain standard of living established in marriage;
- Ways in which supported party contributed to education, training, etc. of supporting party;
- Ability of the supporting party to pay the alimony;
- Needs of each party as determined by previous standard of living;
- Obligations and assets belong to each individual party;
- Duration and length of the marriage;
- Ability of the support party to gain employment;
- Age and mental / physical health of both parties;
- History of domestic abuse within the marriage; and
- Any goal of self-support from the supported party
Contact a Rancho Cucamonga Alimony Attorney
If you are being asked to pay alimony or if you are in need of maintenance, you need an experienced lawyer on your side that you can trust to protect your legal rights. This is a vital aspect of your future standard of living and ability to maintain quality of life for you and your entire family and should be taken seriously. By getting the involvement of a Rancho Cucamonga divorce lawyer from Cho, Sheasby, Chung & Ignacio, LLP, you can rest assured knowing that your rights will be protected and a just outcome will be sought.
Have questions regarding spousal support? Contact a Rancho Cucamonga alimony attorney from our legal team as soon as you possibly can.